Your ant exterminator will ask important questions about where you have seen ants during your appointment in Davenport.
If you are experiencing an ant invasion at your home, you may be wondering what you can do to get rid of them for good. If it seems like over-the-counter pesticides don’t provide reliable answers, you may be considering making a call to an ant exterminator for a more permanent solution. At Waters Pest Control, we always recommend calling in our professional team when you require ant extermination because we can help you take care of this problem for the long term. There are also several things you can do to prepare for your appointment and to keep ants at bay:
- Clean your kitchen and cooking areas thoroughly, making sure to get to even the smallest areas where crumbs and leftover food materials may be hiding.
- Thoroughly vacuum all floors at your home or business, taking time to go around the baseboard seams.
- Inventory your cabinets where food is stored, checking for open boxes and food containers that may be attracting the ants.
- Throw out old food items that have gone to waste.
Once an ant exterminator arrives at your home or business in Davenport, Florida, you’ll be asked to provide some important information, like where you have seen ants in the past. You may also receive post-treatment steps you can take to ensure that ants do not return. For example:
- Store food items you use in airtight containers or in the refrigerator.
- Use an airtight container to keep pet food protected, and use bowls that sit off the ground.
- Rinse your recyclable items before placing them in the bin, removing strong odors and remaining food particles.
- Install sealed trash containers, and take out garbage frequently.
Contact us at Waters Pest Control if you require an ant exterminator or have questions about getting rid of these pests.