We can apply the necessary steps to prevent an ant swarm from coming into your home in Davenport.
At Waters Pest Control, we sometimes talk with customers who have seen an ant swarm inside their home but aren’t really sure what caused them to arrive all at once. The good news is, this is perfectly normal behavior, but of course it is still disconcerting for the unsuspecting home owner.
Here are a few facts about an ant swarm:
- Ants are highly social insects, and they have developed social structures within their colony.
- While worker ants make up a large part of the colony, higher levels of kings and queens are also part of an ant society.
- Ant swarms are a part of their reproductive practice and typically occur in the spring season.
- Ant swarms usually occur outside, and all of the ants emerge when they receive the proper signals.
- Experiencing an ant swarm inside is atypical, unless they have a colony established near a building.
The good news is that an ant swarm is a temporary event, but you may wish to call in our team at Waters Pest Control to take active precautions against having ants invade your home. We can double-check typical areas where ants may feed and apply the necessary steps to prevent them from coming into your home unannounced.
If you have questions about ant swarms or you are experiencing an ant infestation at your home in Davenport, Florida, contact us at Waters Pest Control today. We have three decades of experience providing the reliable extermination services you need for your home or business.